Bureau of Detectives – Area North Community Alert Commercial Burglaries 19th District (Town Hall) About the Crime: This alert gives notice to four recent Commercial Burglaries that have occurred within the boundaries of the 19th District (Town Hall) in the last week. In these burglaries, businesses have been targeted by the offender(s) after the business has closed for the day. The offender(s) smashed the glass door, gained entry, and took cash from the register and cigarettes from the business.
Incident times and locations:
• 4100 block of N. Clarendon on April 20, 2017 at 06:05 am
• 4100 block of N. Clarendon on April 21-22, 2017 between 10:00pm & 5:30am.
• 2500 block of N. Lincoln on April 22, 2017 at 05:45am
• 2600 block of N. Clybourn on April 23, 2017 between 06:00am & 06:30am
About the Offender: Three male black offenders, 5’10 – 6’00 185 – 200 pounds, 25 – 30 years of age Possibly driving a dark grey Dodge wagon with broken passenger side window.
What you can do:
• Be aware of this crime and alert your neighbors.
• Pay special attention to any suspicious people loitering in the area.
• If possible, purchase and maintain a working alarm system.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8263 JA-231764, JA-234417,JA-234400,JA235683 Reference: P17-N-099